please CALL 512-876-5328 for Pricing
MICRONEEDLE SKIN RESURFACING
Microneedle Skin Resurfacing creates healthier, younger looking skin and regarded by many to be as effective as laser resurfacing. Skin is stimulated with dermapen, which causes an increase in natural production of collagen and elastin to plump, fill and firm while leaving the dermis intact - unlike invasive surface treatments such as chemical peels and dermabrasion. Compared to surface treatments such as peels, needling is an effective and affordable alternative that can take years off your appearance. And, our service is quick, safe, and painless with no down time.
You may benefit from Needling if you have:
- Wrinkles & Fine Lines – Look years younger without a face lift! Diminish the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines, crow’s feet, aged neck skin, and sagging skin. Needling offers great, long lasting results!
- Scars from Acne, Burns, Injury, & Surgery - Soften the appearance and reduce the depth of pitted and depressed scars for a smoother texture. Shallow scars such as those from acne, surgery, injury, and chicken pox will become smoother, flatter, and less noticeable. Needling may also help restore color to the scarred area.
- Stretch Marks & White Scars - Activate the production of melanin to restore a more even, natural skin tone to white or light colored scars.
- Enlarged Pores - Effectively reduce the size of enlarged pores.
- Sun Damaged Skin - Improve overall skin texture and enjoy additional firming and smoothing. You can expect the skin in the treatment area to be thicker, healthier, and younger looking.
Needling offers many benefits when compared to more expensive and invasive procedures such as laser resurfacing and chemical peels, including:
- Results are similar to laser treatments, without the risk or high cost;
- Risk of scarring and permanent damage (change in color or loss of color) is less likely than with more invasive treatments;
- Healing is rapid and there is no down time.
- ALL NATURAL - no substances are injected into the skin (like fillers);
- Affordable, safe, does not require general anesthesia, and results are long lasting.
- ZERO down time. ZERO pain! No products required to numb the skin. We use a depth of .50 which is deep enough to encourage the skin to product collagen and elastin, but not deep enough to cause bleeding or pain.
Although results vary, multiple sessions should be anticipated to achieve desired results. Skin improvement is cumulative with each treatment, and can continue for up to one year after treatment.
Needling may not be for everyone and we do not recommend it for anyone with darkly pigmented skin as it could cause discoloration or hyper-pigmentation. Some other contraindications include individuals who have or have had a history of diabetes, herpes simplex virus, cold sore breakouts, STDs, or keloidal scarring.
As will all services that exfoliate the skin: Your skin will be very sensitive to the sun. If you are plan on being in the sun all summer and cannot take precautions; we advise this treatment be performed during winter months with minimal sun exposure.
Moderate skin abrasion technique was developed in Italy in early 1980's by Swiss/French dermatologist, Dr. Philippe Simonin. His ground breaking technique was used successfully throughout Europe prior to its introduction in the United States. In his initial study, 600 patients were examined and divided into 2 patient groups - one with skin aging and the other with old scars. He performed 10 treatments on all patients. In the patient group with skin aging, 40% showed significant improvement, 22% moderate improvement and 13% some improvement - as measured by comparative skin imprints. In the patient group with old scars, 60% improved with 5-6 treatments.
We reserve the right to decline certain services on pregnant women or guests who are using Retin A, Accutane, Avage, Tazorac, Differin or any other medication that compromises the skin. Certain procedures cannot be performed on people who have recently had laser, plastic surgery or sun burn. When in doubt, give us a call at 512-876-5326 and schedule a complementary consultation.